Feb 24, 2014
Furry-Muscle Cast – 31 – Love Your Weights!
§ Maximus Ursus – Busy Bur of the North
§ Tiptoe – Looking for a new horizons on his laps of life.
§ Beastly Bahamut – Lifting, hauling and trucking!
§ Schredded Wolf – Weights, Heavy, More, hugh!
§ Syn – Numbers…so many numbers!! LIFT MORE!
§ Jazz Wolf – Holding a bat and about to hit!! AhH!!!!
§ Snowheart – Cold as winter; sexy as a kitty!
§ Zak – Buried deep in snow, classes and work.
A. Getting Jack Before The Date!
§ Working out before you go on your date helps to make it look like you’re an Alpha male!
§ Targeted workout helps to increase blood flow to the muscles. Making the individual look big, buff and stronger.
§ Workout goal is to have high reps, higher volume and slightly lighter weights.
· Barbell Incline Bench Press (2 Set; 8-10 Reps)
· Push Ups (2 Sets; To Failure)
· Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown (2 Set; 8-10 Reps)
· Underhand Cable Pulldowns (2 Set; 8-10 Reps)
· Low Pulley Row to Neck (2 Set; 12-15 Reps)
· Military Press (2 Set; 8-10 Reps)
· Upright Barbell Row (2 Set; 10-12 Reps)
· Barbell Shrug (1 Set; 12-15 Reps)
· Seated Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise (1 Set; 12-15 Reps)
· Front Dumbbell Rais (1 Set; 10-12 Reps)
· Triceps Pushdown (1 Set; 20-25 Reps)
B. Shredding Strategies
§ Pop-tarts can be good fat burner.
· Quick carbs such as those in fat-free muffins, Pop-Tarts and Cream of Rice cereal mixed with jam or bagels trick your system into believing your strict diet is over, thus bumping those calorie-burning hormones back to steadier normal levels
§ Low Carbs; Need to be lower
· You have to give your body a reason to drop additional bodyfat; that calls for decreasing calories and carbs to extremely low levels. I typically tell my clients to lower carb intake on two separate days of the week - say Tuesday and Friday - down to as few as 50-70 grams (g). The shock radically reduces glycogen stores, which are directly related to burning fat. When glycogen levels (the amount of stored carbohydrates located in muscles) fall, fat burn rises precipitously
· When carbs radically plunge and stay low, ketone formation increases. Ketones are byproducts of fat breakdown and can help make you leaner by causing a small uptick in the metabolic rate. Ketones are also highly effective at preventing muscle loss when carbs remain radically lower; ketones are burned preferentially to muscle tissue. If there are large quantities of ketones floating around in the blood, the body will burn those rather than melt away muscle tissue.
§ Cardio High!
· The body adapts to cardio rather quickly, which means it responds to continual cardio work by burning far fewer calories than you would normally expect. It's an adaptation response, akin to what happens when we diet or use the same weight-training program for an extended period of time. However, going to the extreme with cardio for a couple days can exert a big jolt on your metabolism.
3. E-Mails/Phone Calls:
A. From: Busy Bear @Max
Question: How do you keep yourself from not doing too much cardio? You do a lot of running around and don’t keep muscle gains on that much from what I seen in the images.
B. From: Horny Wolf @Max
Question: With your new rubber suite; how do you not rip a hole in your butt or other areas?
C. From: Non-Furry @Syn
Question: What is one of your biggest issues at the gym?
D. From: W0lfs @Beastly
Question: I got out of my truck and was walking to the store. On the way out I slip on some black ice and landing on my rear end. To make matters worse I had car come around the bend and run over my left leg and didn’t stop. I was rush to the E.R. and had to rebuild my leg. As I have bad days and good days, I wanted to know how do you push through your works out. Some days the pain is just wow!
4. Closing Out:
§ We can’t do the show without you, the listeners!
§ Please rate us on iTunes or Thumbs us up at Stitcher Radio.
§ You can email us at FMC@furry-muscle.org
§ Have any questions or comments? Drop us a line at 571-208-BUFF (2833).
§ Follow us on Twitter @FurryMuscleCast
§ You can find show notes, pictures, links and many other materials at our main website http://www.furry-muscle.org
§ Next Furry-Muscle Cast: March - 14 – The Next Steps!